Okay, so these muffins are kind of ridiculously ahhhmazing!! I whipped them up the other day ’cause I had some extra homemade strawberry preserves that needed to be used up (which by the way is easy peasy to make). Oh B’Jesus! I’m in love. Using the preserves is absolutely the perfect way to get an explosion of strawberry yumminess in every bite. You will not be disappointed, I promise! And then, adding the perfect strawberry frosting (also made with the preserves). It’s just too much! Decadence at it’s best. My kids scarfed them up and begged for more. The awesome thing is, there’s no sugar in them except for the preserves and a banana, no gluten, and no dairy! You can guiltlessly let your children indulge. Enjoy!
- 1½ cups almond flour
- ½ cup organic coconut flour
- ¼ cup organic flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt
- 1 smashed organic banana
- 4 pastured eggs
- ¾ cup strawberry preserves (no-sugar added)
- ½ cup water or organic coconut milk (Natural Value brand)
- ¼ cup organic coconut oil
- 1½ teaspoons organic pomegranate blueberry liquid stevia (NOW brand)
- 1 teaspoon organic non-alcoholic vanilla
- Mix dry ingredients in a small bowl
- In a large bowl smash the banana.
- Add remaining wet ingredients into large bowl with banana. Mix well.
- Mix dry ingredients and add to wet mixture. Mix well (with a spoon)
- Spoon into muffin tin lined with muffin papers
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes
- Transfer muffins to a cooling rack. Let cool.
- Top with my Strawberry Frosting. Yum!