These muffins have been a close friend. They were the first of my paleo creations when I was trying to figure out what to eat and it’s been a recipe that I have used almost every week. I created them so that I could have something bread-like and healthy to replace the bread in my life. So, they’re kind of like a rebound relationship.
But you know, sometimes we need a little rebounding and it always helps if the new relationship is healthier than the first one. Well these muffins most definitely are and they’re better looking! So I think it’s turned into something a little more serious. I’ll never let them go. I’m in love!!
I use only the highest quality of ingredients. There are no grains, no dairy and no sugar. I still cannot eat honey, so I use stevia. I actually prefer the stevia over honey in these muffins. It’s delish! I know some of you are opposed to stevia, so I list the honey equivalent as well. Enjoy!
Rebound to Love,
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 4 pastured eggs
- ½ cup coconut milk (Natural Value) or water
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon organic liquid stevia OR ¼-1/2 cup honey (according to your sweet-tooth preference)
- 1 teaspoon organic non-alcoholic vanilla
- 1½ cups almond flour
- ½ cup organic coconut flour
- ¼ cup organic flaxseed meal
- ⅛ cup organic chia seed
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- MIX all dry ingredients together except for walnuts/pecans in a small bowl
- SMASH bananas in a large bowl
- ADD wet ingredients to the bananas and MIX well.
- POUR dry ingredients into wet and mix well
- CHOP walnuts/pecans or for a nuttier taste throughout BLEND the nuts finely and then mix into the batter
- BAKE at 350° for 25 minutes or until golden brown and firm to touch