I feel that one of the most important keys to having success with a gut healthy diet is to have plenty of food on hand that is gut healthy approved. It’s too easy to veer off path when all there is in the cupboard are chips and cookies that your children brought home from school. That simply will not work! When I make food, I always be sure to make more than enough so I can always have leftovers available on hand.
This Creamy Carrot, Strawberry and Walnut Salad is a great snack throughout the day and is loaded with healthy goodness. I have started eating plain yogurt in small amounts without disrupting my body’s balance, but if your body doesn’t jive with yogurt then coconut cream will suffice and is equally as yummy. The increments and ingredients for this salad are by no means set in stone. Be creative! I’ve tried different berries and fruits, but blueberries and strawberries are my favorite.
- 6 organic carrots
- 4 organic celery
- 1 cup sliced organic strawberries
- ½ cup organic blueberries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup plain yogurt or coconut cream
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon or to taste organic liquid stevia
- pinch of Celtic Sea Salt
- Grate the carrots either with a food processor or with a hand grater.
- Finely chop the celery and walnuts
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and stir. That's it! As easy as Paleo Pie.
- Keep on hand in your fridge for those snacky time moments and enjoy!
Remove the guesswork out of knowing what to eat to heal your gut and restore your health!