Hi Chocolate Lover!
Is there anything more satisfying than ice cream? In my opinion, the answer is no! However, if healing your gut is your goal, indulging in the creamy sweetness, and mouth watering yumminess is not an option. Or is it? Seriously, ice cream and chocolate are two things I know almost better than my own face. I spent half my life eating it almost every day! So after discovering that my ice cream addiction was contributing to my health condition, I had to make some major changes. I needed to create something that would quench my craving for ice cream without the side effects and meet up to my decadent ice cream standard. This recipe does just that. Honestly, I find myself wanting one every day. Not only is it rich, smooth and tastes amazing, I’ve also sneaked in some high nutrient ingredients like maca and collagen to provide hormonal and gut support. My son, River, doesn’t think it’s too shabby either.
With Chocolatey Sweetness,
- 1 can (Natural Value) coconut milk with the cream
- 2 heaping spoonfuls of almond butter
- 2½ tablespoons raw organic cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon dark chocolate stevia
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon maca (optional)
- 1 tablespoon collagen powder (optional)
- several shakes of Celtic Sea Salt (1/8 teaspoon)
- 3 or 4 ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend