Finding creative, flavorful and easy recipes with no grains, no dairy and no sugar is essential for success when you want to heal your gut. There’s absolutely no reason to be bound to sad plates of meat and veggies night after night! And there’s definitely no reason to settle for less than what your body needs to heal when your health is at stake.
I enjoy a simple meal here and there, yet, often my palette cries out for something with pizazz; something that makes me want to move my hips, drink paleo margarita’s and eat and listen to salsa. That’s why I love this Mexican Chicken “Rice” Bowl! It satisfies my inner Flamenco dancer while tantalizing a need for spice in my life.
Just because you want to eat clean, doesn’t mean you can’t have diversity in your food anymore. All you need to do is learn a new food language and you’ll be off and running with a trail of toxic foods blazing behind you! When you look back, all you’ll see are the foods that were never serving your greatest health in the first place. And when you embrace where you are right now and look forward, all that you’ll see before you will be the mouthwatering, body nourishing and gut healthy food possibilities that your body will love!
Happy Eating and Fiesta Inducing,
- 2 pounds organic pasture-raised chicken breast
- 1 package paleo bacon (no sugar added)
- 1 large head of organic cauliflower
- 1 medium organic yellow onion
- 4 4 oz. cans organic chopped green chilies
- 1 28 oz. can Muir Glen organic fire roasted crushed tomatoes
- 1 bunch green onion
- 3 organic garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- garlic powder to season chicken
- Celtic Sea Salt to taste
- Chop bacon into 1 inch pieces and sautee in a deep, large frying pan
- While the bacon is cooking, cut chicken breast into small bite-sized pieces. Season chicken with Celtic Sea Salt and garlic powder
- Chop onion and peel garlic cloves
- When bacon is crispy, remove from the pan with a slotted spoon, put into a bowl and set aside.
- Pour out about half of the bacon grease
- Add chicken, onions and garlic to the remainder of the grease in the pan and sautee on medium high until chicken is cooked through
- While the chicken is cooking, cut up cauliflower and process in a food processor using the grater attachment.
- When chicken is cooked through, add the crushed tomatoes, green chilies and spices.
- Add cauliflower to the chicken/tomato mixture and then stir in the bacon.
- Add salt to taste
- Garnish with chopped green onion, cilantro, sliced avocado and lime.