On a blustery, winter’s day, amongst the falling leaves of autumn, or even in the middle of spring for that matter, there’s not much else that will satisfy more than a steamy bowl of chili. At our home we partake in the mouth-watering, sinus clearing, spicy goodness probably every other week. I make it without the beans and you’d never know the difference! Here’s a delicious and easy, slow cooker recipe that is certain to quench your desire for that fuzzy, warm feeling.
There are six mouths to feed at our house and I love leftovers. So the recipe provided here is large. It’s a great meal for those days when preparing food is not very high on the list. Get the preparation out of the way by making it in the morning. Enjoy the rest of your day and your chili while nourishing your Happy Gut!
With Warm Fuzzy’s,
- 3 pounds grass-fed ground beef
- 4 cans organic fire-roasted tomatoes (2 diced, 2 crushed)
- 1 organic orange red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 organic red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large organic yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 3 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon celtic sea salt
- Turn on your slow cooker. I have found that mine takes a little while to heat up.
- In a large pan saute the ground beef and garlic cloves. (I like to leave some good-sized chunks in the meat).
- While the beef is cooking you can put the tomatoes and approximately half of the spices into the slow cooker.
- After the beef is cooked through, drain the grease from the meat.
- Add the remaining spices to the meat. (To save time I usually put all of the spices into a container first. Then you can easily pour about half into the slow cooker and half onto the meat without having to do so much measuring).
- Add the meat to the tomatoes in the slow cooker.
- Add the bell peppers and onion
- Cook on low heat for around 8 hours, or high heat for 4 hours. The longer it cooks the yummier it gets!
ARE YOU READY TO STEP INTO YOUR INFINITE HEALING POWER, RELEASE YEARS OF FEAR-BASED CONDITIONING AND ACTIVATE YOUR INNER GUIDANCE LIKE NEVER BEFORE?
It's my desire to help you get in touch with your wholeness in body, mind and spirit,
but you have to be the one to say yes
It's time to say Yes!
Join the Breakthrough To Be You Membership and enjoy our growing spiritual community, downloads of all of Sharla's music, discounts on workshops and events and more!